Andreas and the new crew certainly havent had it easy since they started out – first day they had gale force headwinds and had to cut their journey short by pulling into Grindavik instead of Vestmannaeyjar.
Now they have run into another headwind gale – up to 40 knots of stable headwinds and 60 knot gusts. An even rougher forecast for the next two days is forcing them to seek a safe haven. At the moment they are battling upwind to reach Hofn on SE Iceland but it’s an upwind struggle in hairy seas. If they can’t make it they will have to head back to Vestmannaeyjar before the storm wears them completely out. It’s a 10+ hour return leg to Vestmannaeyjar so that’s a very hard decision to make indeed. Lets all cheer them onwards to Hofn!
While the boys are hopefully enjoying their Ragnarok we can kick back with a nice cup’o tea and enjoy.